Sunday, January 16, 2011

Alien Cake

About a month ago Michele and I were talking about how her nephew wants a mickey mouse cake for his birthday at the end of January. Zach happened to be in the room during this conversation and immediately said "what kind of cake do I get for my birthday?" After a few seconds of pondering he blurted out "I want an alien cake!" And he was totally serious. He had his heart set. His only criteria was to make it cartoon-like versus sci-fi. When asked what he wanted it to look like his response was "let your creative juices flow!"

And this is what we came up with!

Clearly the birthday boy liked it! The inner kid never dies!

And this vanilla cake was phenomenal! It is a vanilla buttermilk cake from Sky High: Irresistable Triple Layer Cakes. I think we finally found a bakery quality recipe! It was amazing! Everyone was ranting and raving about it! Perfect structure, texture, moistness, and flavor! Not a single complaint about this recipe! This is the second absolutely delicious recipe that we have gotten from this cookbook. I currently just have the cookbook checked out from the library, but I think it is time for this one to become a permanent part of the sweet escape library!

No comments:

Post a Comment