Sunday, August 28, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Yes, another zucchini recipe! This bread is one of the main reasons that I made zucchini a part of our garden this year! It was the first thing I made after picking our first two zucchini.

Zach isn't a huge zucchini fan and won't eat any kind of baked good that has zucchini in it. So ya know what that means, I had all three loaves to myself! And I didn't mind a bit!

Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar (1 1/2 cups for muffins)
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup raisins ( I don't put them in)
1 cup walnuts. chopped
2 cup zucchini, grated or shredded
1 can (8 1/4 oz) crushed pineapple, well drained
3 cups flour
Beat eggs with electric mixer. Add oil, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda; beat all together. Stir in raisins, walnuts, zucchini, pineapple and flour. Mix well. Spray 2 loaf bread pans with non stick spray. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. For variety you can add diced dates, prunes, grated chocolate or apricots.
To make muffins use less sugar and bake at higher temperature. 375-400 for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment