Sunday, August 22, 2010

Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting

My parents' garden is producing zucchini faster than we can all eat. So I went on the hunt for a good zucchini cupcake recipe. I found one on Taste of Home that got rave reviews so I thought I would give it a try. I was kind of surprised that there was only a cup and a half of zucchini in the 24 cupcakes. Didn't seem like very much to me. The recipe called for orange juice which gave it an interesting little twist! Overall, not completely impressed with the cupcakes. The caramel frosting on the other hand was absolutely outstanding! If you know me well, you know I have high frosting standards. And this one definitely exceeded those standards! I will be committing this frosting recipe to the "keep file."




Caramel Frosting

1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup butter
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ to 2 cups powdered sugar

Combine the brown sugar, butter, and milk in a saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for two minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment