Friday, April 22, 2011

Birds Nests


I have found so so many cute little Easter and spring time desserts while browsing the internet the past few weeks. And I had full intentions of making a few of them, but as usual, time just didn't allow it. Unfortunately baking got pushed to the end of to-do list. What a shame, huh!

But last night around midnight I decided I just had to make something. Anything. The only criteria were: 1. had to be quick and 2. wasn't going to the grocery store for ingredients. These cute birds nests matched both of the criteria! They took less than twenty minutes to make and only five ingredients! It was my lucky day (or should I say night!)


Birds Nests

3 cups miniature marshmallows
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups chow mein noodles
jellybeans

1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter in 30 second intervals until smooth.
2. Stir in the vanilla.
3. Add chow mein noodles and stir until well coated.
4. Using your largest ice cream scooper, drop spoonfuls of the mixture on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5. Coat your fingers in shortening and form the spoonfuls into little nests by making a hole in the middle.
6. Fill nests with two to three jellybeans

Source: Bake at 350
Linked to: Tidy Mom's I'm Lovin It

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, I made something similar last week. So good!

    I'd love to have you share your recipe on Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/04/21/quick-no-rise-chocolate-cinnamon-rolls/

    ReplyDelete