Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lovebirds Cake

This is the cake that I made for my cousin's bridal shower this past weekend! I stumbled upon this cake about a week ago and knew I had to make it for her. Super cute and very fitting! But as you can I see I went with a simpler version and left out the grass and flowers. Sometimes less is more!

I was amazed at how easy this cake actually was to make! Not a single glitch or rough spot in the process. I think that fondant and I have finally worked out our differences and have becomes friends after all! Only took nine months!

And here is the beautiful bride-to-be with her cake!

3 comments:

  1. This is a sweet cake. I actually prefer your simplified version, it's just enough detail. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinking cute! I think your birdies are cuter than the original even =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I saw this cake off of TidyMom, and you did a great job on it! :) Happy to see the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete