Friday, May 6, 2011

First Communion Cupcakes

I've looked at the candy molds many many times at Micheal's and JoAnn's, but have always passed them up. For some unknown reason I figured they just wouldn't worked. I envisioned the candy getting stuck in the molds and ruining them while trying to get 'em out. Well yesterday I decided to spend the whopping two dollars and give them a shot. And boy am I glad I did! Kind of want to go to Micheal's now and grab one of every design! They are so incredibly easy. And not one of them got stuck in the mold! They pretty much just fall right out!

And best of all, making these cute little candies is so much easier, faster, and less stressful than working with fondant! So glad we are finding some fun alternatives to fondant!

2 comments:

  1. :) These cupcakes look great! Like you, I have also looked at all the cute little candy mold trays dozens of times and never tried them bc I just figured they would not work - but yours look so great, next time I come across a cute tray, I think I'll give it a try! :) Thanks for sharing! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! I just bought a cake way back when my kids received their First Communions. What a blessed occasion for all of you!

    ReplyDelete