Sunday, May 1, 2011

Salted Peanut Bars

Tonight I am having a total writer's block. Descriptive words just aren't flowing. So I asked Zach what I should write about these and his response was, "YUM! That's all that needs to be said!" Guess we will leave it at that!!


Salted Peanut Chews

base:
1 yellow cake mix
1 egg
1/3 cup margarine or butter
3 cups miniature marshmallows

topping:
2/3 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup margarine
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 package peanut butter chips
2 cups rice krispies
2 cups salted peanuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, butter, and egg. Beat at low speed until crumbly. Press into 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to the oven for an additional one to two minutes or until the marshmallows begin to puff. Cool while preparing the topping.

In a saucepan, combine corn syrup, margarine, vanilla, and peanut butter chips. Heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in cereal and peanuts. Immediately spoon over marshmallows and spread to cover. Refrigerate for one hour.

Linked to: Tidy Mom's I'm Lovin' It

9 comments:

  1. They sound delicious. I suppose that sometimes Yum is enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds so easy but something new to me. delicious looking also
    I just love salty/ sweet
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, these are right up my alley.

    i'm featuring them on my blog today.
    www.imlovinyourblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. some days I feel like a nut and on those days this would be perfect come see me at http://shopanies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yummy! I love peanuts, perfect for today :)

    The Farm Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound amazing!

    I'd love for you to share this recipe on my weekly link-up, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/05/05/homemade-coffee-creamer/http://alli-n-son.com/2011/05/05/homemade-coffee-creamer/

    ReplyDelete