Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Decadent Peanut Butter Pie

So around Christmas time I was going through the Sunday paper and drinking my morning coffee when I came across the recipe for this pie in the coupon section of the ads of all places. Anything with the words "peanut butter" always catches my attention. At that time I was so busy doing all of my holiday cookie baking that I saved this one until now. Yeah, I have not been faithful with my blogging as of late. Sorry. I was utterly disappointed in myself when at the end of my Christmas baking I realized that I had forgotten to take pictures of my masterpieces. Grrr. Well, I have some of them so I will try to get up to date. In the meantime, lets get back to this peanut butter pie. I brought it to work today and I don't think that I could've picked a better day. There was only one tiny little sliver that was left and I think that it was only there because my coworkers were practicing "Minnesota nice" and didn't want to take the last slice just in case someone else wanted it. Well, the near empty pie tin clearly speaks for itself. If you like PB you will enjoy this treat. I bought the prepared pie crust the recipe calls for... I think if I was to make it again, I would make up my own recipe for a chocolate pie crust and make this in a 8X8 pan. When I made this dessert there was too much filling and topping and it ran over creating a nice little ooey gooey mess. I also only end up using about 2/3 of the fudge topping that it calls for. So, here is the recipe. Enjoy!

1 cup creamy peanut butter, plus 2 Tbsp, divided
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 12oz. container whipped topping, thawed
1 11.75oz jar hot fudge spoonable ice cream topping

1. Beat together 1 cup peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowel with an electric mixer on medium until well combined. Gently mix in 3 cups whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into pie crust. Using a spatula, smooth mixture to edges of pie.

2. Reserve 2 tablespoons of hot fudge topping in the corner of a resealable food storage bag; set aside. Microwave remaining topping on high for 1 minute. Stir. Spread topping over pie covering entire peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until set. Spread remaining whipped topping over hot fudge layer, being careful not to mix the two layers.

3. Cut a small corner from bag containing topping. Squeeze bag to drizzle topping over pie. Place remaining 2 tablespoons peanut butter in a resealable food storage bag; cut bag corner and squeeze to drizzle in opposite direction from topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

I really want to have a pic here for y'all but it was eaten much too quickly. Just know that it would make your mouth water.

Bake on!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment