Saturday, January 22, 2011

Funfetti Cupcakes from Scratch- Zach's Birthday Wish

Zach's birthday was this past Friday and of course I had to send cupcakes with him to work. Kind of felt like a mom sending a treat with her little kid to school. His coworkers sure have come to expect these delicious little treats. And have actually started to come up with any possible excuse for why I should make something to send with Zach. At least I know I have guinea pigs to try some new recipes on!

Zach's absolute favorite cake is boxed funfetti (okay, it's my favorite too!) There is just something about that cake that makes it so darn irresistible. He actually wanted funfetti for his alien cake but I refused to use a boxed cake for that one. Ever since starting this whole baking shinanigans I feel like I am cheating every time I bake something from a box. Hopefully I get over that feeling of guilt sometime soon. The convenience of a box mix comes in mighty handy at times.

So of course I pulled up good 'ol google and went on the hunt for a homemade funfetti cupcake recipe.

And this is what I found. Definitely nothing like boxed funfetti, but still very tasty. Pretty much just a plain old vanilla cupcake jazzed up a little bit of rainbow sprinkles. And I topped it off with Zach's favorite cream cheese frosting! This frosting will seriously make any cupcake taste delicious!

This recipe is from I heart Cuppycakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment