Thursday, November 11, 2010

White Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting


A Pretty Dud
I recently purchased a cupcake cookbook while on a trip to SF. I was excited to try out my first recipe. So, here it is. Or here it isn't. Well, let's just say that I was more than disappointed. The cake batter looked more like cookie dough. The raw dough had a good flavor but when baked it was a dry little cake. It didn't leave me wanting more. It was lifeless and dense. So, not my idea of the perfect cupcake.

The frosting, on the other hand, was a success. It was more of a glaze than a frosting. It was timely to curl all of the individual little white chocolate curls, but so pretty if you have the time. I used my sifter to dust the chocolate with some powdered sugar. Really pretty. Now if only the cupcakes tasted good...

Bake on!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment