Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Turtle Pumpkin Pie

I have said it before and I will say it again, I love pumpkin. So, I like to try recipes that have pumpkin. I have made this desert once before. Both times, it has gone over well with my audience. I have learned a few tricks to it along the way. I will share them throughout this post. Don't be confused by the name of this desert. It doesn't taste like your traditional pumpkin pie with the added traditional "turtle" flavors. It is light and creamy and oh so delicious.

Ingredients
1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp caramel topping, divided
1 Graham pie crust -6oz. Tip #1 buy the next size up. It is too much for the 6oz.
1/2 and 2 Tbsp pecan pieces, divided
1 cup milk
2 pkgs (4-serving size) Jello vanilla instant pudding
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 8oz tub Cool Whip, thawed

Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping into crust. (Tip#2-try whisking in a bit of flour to the caramel to thicken it up. It does like to run otherwise). Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans.

Beat milk, pudding mixes, pumpkin and spices with whisk until blended. Stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping. Spread into crust. Top with remaining Cool Whip.

Refrigerate 1 hr. Top with 2 Tbsp caramel and 2 Tbsp pecan. (Tip #3-actually wait until you are about to serve the desert to top with the remaining caramel and pecan. You will avoid the risk of the caramel running everywhere)

Bake on!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment