Sunday, November 7, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats = Pure Heaven

Last night I went to see Kari and Holly's super cute new condo and of course had to bring them a little housewarming treat! I went on the food blog hunt for a delicious recipe and boy did I find a good one! I was browsing on Brown Eyed Baker and under "the most emailed" category in the number three spot was peanut butter cup rice krispie treats. I knew I was going to love these just by the name alone! I clicked on the link and BAM suddenly there was this utterly amazing picture staring me in the face.

I love rice krispie bars. I love peanut butter. And I love chocolate. Put all three of these together and it was like walking through the gates to heaven!

It was absolutely hilarious listening to the moans and comments as five girls inhaled the bars. All I heard from the girls between bites was "I am definitely having seconds," "O-M-G," and "I could seriously sit and eat the whole pan."

Hopefully I have you all convinced by now that you need to make these bars in the near future! Everyone that eats them will love you forever!


Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Bars

6 cups Rice Krispies
1 bag (10.5-oz) miniature marshmallows
¼ cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 bag (12-oz) miniature peanut butter cups (about 40), quartered
1 cup milk chocolate chips (or 6 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped)

1. Butter a 9×13-inch pan and set aside.

2. Measure the cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside. Melt the marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the cereal and mix well so the cereal is coated. Pour into the prepared pan and use a buttered piece of wax paper to press evenly into pan.

3. In the microwave, melt the peanut butter until thin, about 1 minute. Gently stir in the quartered peanut butter cups and then pour over the treats. Using the back of a spoon, gently spread the peanut butter mixture evenly across the top.

4. Again in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate across the top. Place the pan in the refrigerator to set before cutting and serving. Store in an airtight container.

This was one heck of a Sweet Escape!

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment