Friday, October 8, 2010

Apple Cake!

A few weekends ago my family took a one night getaway to Stillwater. Our final stop before heading home was to Aamodt's Apple Orchard. Of course before we got there my mind was going crazy thinking of all the things I could bake with the apples. Apple crisp, cake, pie, muffins, cupcakes...you get the idea. Finally Zach said to me, "we are going to have buy out the orchard if you are planning on baking all of those things."

Before we get on to the delicious apple cake, just have to post a picture of my adorable little nephew taste testing an apple at the orchard!

Isn't he a cutie?!?!

Alright, the cake....


Got this recipe from a dear friend of mine! Every recipe I get from her is outstanding, so I knew this one was sure to be the same. And of course, it didn't disappoint!

After not being able to control myself with this cake at home (yes, I ate a whole row in about ten minutes) I decided it was necessary to bring it to work. I knew if I didn't get it out of the house I would eat the whole thing in a day.

Betty's Apple Cake

2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
4-5 apples, peeled and coarsely chopped

Cream sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients. Dough will be THICK like cookie dough.
Add chopped walnuts and apples.
Spread in greased and floured 9x13 pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

Add topping mix and bake an additional 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Topping:
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment