Wednesday, October 13, 2010

GANACHE!!!

Chocolaty Cupcakes Dipped in Chocolate Ganache!!!!

aka "Heaven on Earth".


I have been eager to try making cupcakes that are dipped in ganache. Talk about chocolaty goodness. Just look below at my pics. My mouth is watering already. A few weeks ago, I gave it a try. It was a Monday when I brought them to work with me...boy, did my coworkers love me!!

I found my recipe at the following website: http://www.recipegirl.com/

Always on the quest for the perfect chocolate cupcakes, I baked these cupcakes up according to the recipe, with high hopes. I think that I was so focused on the ganache and the toppings that I didn't stop to make a decision on the cakes themselves. Sadly enough, these days I don't really try much of my own baking. Maybe a bite here or there. So, I really rely on the opinions of those eating my treats. Though nobody has complained once about having to test them for me. Weird, huh? With 50lbs down, I'm just not willing to sacrifice my success to try all my goodies. Yeah, me! So, taste-testers of my baked goodies...start commenting on the treats you like and the treats you don't via our blog. We would love to hear from you!!! Just hit the comment link at the bottom of our posts.

Jess and I have been talking about chocolate cupcakes a lot lately. Many recipes leave us very disappointed. They are dry, tasteless, and do not dome up nicely. Like I said earlier, I can't speak much for the taste of them, but these did seem moist and they domed up perfectly. When I make these next time I will definitely make 1 cupcake at a time until I find the perfect about of batter that will make the dome raise just about the cupcake liner. Or I will peel the liner off once they are cooled. When you apply the ganache you dip the cupcakes in the bowl of chocolaty goodness. So if the dome isn't just right you ended up with a liner that is full of chocolate...not very picturesque. You can see from my picture below that some of them turned out really well and others not so much. This only had to do with the height of the cupcake itself in relation to the liner.
Once the ganache dried I decided to take some creative liberties to add that special Michele touch. On recipegirl.com, she suggests putting some to leftover ganache (that has thickened a bit) into a plastic bag and piping on some decorations. This is what I did below, but not before I took my food processor to some Snickers and Peanut Butter Cups to add a little POW! Some of these cupcakes don't have liners as I pulled them off when they were covered with the ganache around the rims.


This next little guy is probably about the prettiest cupcake I have made to date. So proud of it. So, after the ganache dried, I swirled on some peanut butter buttercream and add a few chocolate sprinkles. I used a "Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting" recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com/. Complete heaven. Even the name is mouth watering. Chocolaty Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache, Topped with Peanut Butter Buttercream and Chocolate Sprinkles. Delish! Who's hungry?



Bake on!


-M

No comments:

Post a Comment