Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hummingbird Cupcakes

Made these a while ago, but apparently I forgot to blog about them. I know, can you believe I would forget such a thing? I was a little iffy about trying these cupcakes being that there was banana, pineapple, and pecans. Just seemed like a weird combination with the pineapple. But the online reviews were very high so I had to give them a try. And I am very glad that I did! They are actually probably in the top five for the ones we have made so far! Of course it helps that they were topped with my favorite cream cheese frosting :)


Hummingbird Cupcakes
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
2 tsp vanilla
8 ounces sour cream
1 cup mashed bananas
1 cup drained crushed pineapple
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In mixer on medium speed, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, approximately two minutes. On low, mix in oil and vanilla. Then mix in sour cream until just incorporated. Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until just incorporated. Then fold in bananas, pineapples, and pecans. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake 20-23 minutes.

Wishing you a Sweet Escape
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment