Saturday, October 23, 2010

Who knew you could make pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes better!

This cupcake is a member of the variety pack that Jess most recently blogged about. I used the pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting recipe that she had blogged about this summer. To the recipe of cream cheese frosting I added 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg and 1/4 tsp ground cloves. I then ran some cinnamon through my sifter for a nice cinnamon dusting (though my picture above does not reflect this step). The spice additions were more subtle than I thought they were going to be. I was afraid the frosting was going to compete with the cupcake but they were a nice marriage of flavor. I know they gals on the night shift thought they were a tasty treat!
Another Sweet Escape success!

Bake on!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment