Friday, October 15, 2010

Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting


I have been wanting to try the lemon and raspberry combination for weeks now and finally got around to it! And boy am I glad that I did! Tasting these two flavors together was pretty much like taking a bite of summer! Just needed one last reminder as the leaves are changing and falling.

I found the cupcake recipe on Allrecipes.com. It was listed under the "top 20 cupcakes" category and was given four and half out of five stars. Seemed like a pretty good recipe to try! And it turned out to be one of the best cupcakes I have made so far!! First of all, every single one rose perfectly and had that much wanted "cupcake dome." And the texture, moisture, and crumb was unlike any other cupcake. Beginning to think that sour cream might be the secret ingredient. This was the first time I have ever made a cake or cupcake with sour cream and it ended up turning out amazing! Seems like a reasonable conclusion to me :)

I did make one slight change to the recipe, and that was adding a couple of tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice. The recipe only called for a couple teaspoons of lemon zest and I just didn't think that that would give quit enough. In fact the next time I think I will add even a little more lemon juice. The raspberry frosting seemed to kind of overpower the lemon taste.

I knew these were going to be a hit when I saw Zach's face after his first bite. It absolutely lite up! And with his mouth still full of cupcake, he managed to say "These are really, really good."

No comments:

Post a Comment