Sunday, October 10, 2010

Snickerdoodles


Let me just say... I LOVE THESE COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are just about the most perfect thing you could put in your mouth. I discovered this recipe a few years ago and have since been baking these yummy morsels for just about any occasion I see fit. Once again, I turned to Martha for the recipe. So again, go to her website for the recipe. http://www.marthastewart.com/


These are the most perfect buttery, cinnamony-delicious bite. They are complete
snickerdoodle-deliciousness. (yes, I like to make up words. My husband says it makes me interesting) Yum. Oh, and I have failed to mention my favorite part....THEY ARE SOFT. I was so surprised when I didn't end up with the typical briquettes. Lets just make this clear... I am a soft, chewy cookie gal. And did I mention that these cookies are perfect, soft and chewy. Yeah, I love them. The dough does keep well the freezer but why wouldn't you want to make the whole batch. I'm just saying. If you love cinnamon, these are for you.
So, my hubby and I recently visited an apple orchard. We just finished hiking and we were famished. We love all things fall so we decided to get some fresh apples and a tasty treat. We bought some apple cookies. Let me tell you, my new mission now involves trying to recreate these little marvels. The reason that I bring this up now is that the basis of the cookies...what made ithem good to the core was that same buttery cinnamon flavor that the Snickerdoodles have. Needless to say, stay tuned for an upcoming post on my attempt to recreate these little babies.
And in case you were wondering if these Snickerdoodles are any good...a coworker of ours, Anne, once took home a bag of the crumbles. See, the cookies are so soft that you can't just put them in a ziplock like you might your traditional chocolate chip cookies. They are so soft that they will literally crumble to pieces. So good, however, that people will want to take home your bag of crumbles.
Bake on!
-M
Look for my next post featuring Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache

No comments:

Post a Comment